Healer Auset Maryam Ali founded Visions Performing Arts Company after a group of amazing young girls impressed her and she aided them to obtain access to quality performing arts opportunities. She promised she would invest until she found a job, and they kept her so busy she never had time to apply for one. Auset has written over 10 plays, 3 screen plays, toured as a dancer, actress and spoken word artist. She has directed over 30 productions. She also has coached dance teams and taught dance for over 25 years. In her professional performing career she has work with a wide range of artists from Jay-Z, Destiny's Child, Method Man, SaltnPepper, Montel Jordan, to Dick Gregory, Jessica Care Moore, Sunni Patterson Amiri Baraka and many more. Auset is very much a healer in her creative world as well. As the host of an international online radio show since 2009, Auset has built a loyal and strong following across the globe.
Fresh and invigorating Healer Auset Maryam Ali is one of the best Master Spiritual and Energy Readers of this new age healing generation. She considers herself to aid in "Holistic Psychology", as her area of extension is dedicated to spiritual and energy healing. Her book is entitled, Re-Arrangement: Why Self Help Isn't Working For You, is an interactive tool to aid readers into the re-arrangement that is bound to happen once you make the conscious decision to climb high into your spirituality. Divine Love: Love at the Highest Frequency, is an approach to healthy relationships on all levels that requires us all to taps into the vibratory responsibility of loving one another. Visit Beautiful Evolution Institute at www.healerausetmaryamali.com.
An inspiration to women, she has a passion for education and healing and bringing the divinity out of every student performer she encounters. Her biggest reward is being a wife, mother, daughter, and mentor to young underserved student performers. She lives her work daily. A woman with compassion and genuine love for everyone she encounters, Auset is a gem to all that cross her path. She is dedicated to healing in all that she does, rather it is healing or art.
"I believe the purpose of my journey is to love through education, healing and art. I strive to present love in all I do with no limits or expectations but to show up in authentencity to show that being vulnerable is the strongest thing you can be while on this journey and blessing of life."
Dr. Yazmeen Nkrumah
We are building a school! Do you think you may be a fit for our team? Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to apply. Positions will be posted soon.
1. Auset Maryam Ali, President- Founder and Executive Artistic Director, Auset has brought VPAC from an after-school program to the journey of 6th-12th grade school. A holistic healer, Auset brings a wealth of expertise and is a focused leader.
2. Jaye Lucas, Chairman of the Board- Founding Board Member, Jaye has seen VPAC blossom. Executive Administration knowledge is her gift to the Board. Jaye is the Executive Operations Director for Planned Parenthood, Park Hill.
3. DeEtta Boganey, Vice President of Operations- Master Project Manager, DeEtta has experienced managing large global teams in IT. Dedicated to the growth phase, DeEtta is an angel to the Board. DeEtta has previous Board experience and has supported VPAC for the past 3 years as a volunteer and donor.
4. Dr. Carolyn Jones, Vice President of Education- As a former successful Charter School Leader, Dr. Jones brings the expertise of what it takes to run a successful charter school. Retired educator, Dr. Jones is now raising her grand-daughter, and a jewel to the Board.
6. Ishmad "DJ Spade", Treasurer- A CPA and business owner, Ishamd is also a successful national DJ that has a vast of experience in marketing and promotions. Spade has been a supporter of Visions for 13 years and provided them with their first mix to perform to in 2004. He is excited to see the organization transition into a school and be an intricate piece of that process.
7. Kifungua Ma'at - With over 30 years in sales and marketing and event planning, Kifungua brings the gift of getting the word out for who VPAC is. Owner of Tribe Inc! Kifungua is contracted with some of the biggest festivals in the country and is dedicated to the exposure of VPAC getting as far as possible.
8. Trezie Grimes- As the Technical Director at world-renowned Cleo Parker Robinson Dance, Trezie has been a supporter of VPAC for 13 years. As an educator and mentor, Trezie has joined the Board as an influential community member and is ready to aid in building the school.
BOARD TERMS ARE CLOSING JUNE 30TH, 2018. WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR 4 POSITIONS OF OUR 9 POSITIONS.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SITTING ON THE BOARD, PLEASE EMAIL OUR EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AT email@example.com