Healer Auset Maryam founded Visions Performing Arts Company after a group of amazing young girls impressed her and she aided them to obtain access to quality performing arts opportunities. She promised she would invest until she found a job, and they kept her so busy she never had time to apply for one. Auset has written over 10 plays, 3 screen plays, toured as a dancer, actress and spoken word artist. She has directed over 30 productions. She also has coached dance teams and taught dance for over 25 years. In her professional performing career she has work with a wide range of artists from Jay-Z, Destiny's Child, Method Man, SaltnPepper, Montel Jordan, to Dick Gregory, Jessica Care Moore, Sunni Patterson Amiri Baraka and many more. Auset is very much a healer in her creative world as well. As the host of an international online radio show since 2009, Auset has built a loyal and strong following across the globe.
Fresh and invigorating Healer Auset Maryam Ali is one of the best Master Spiritual and Energy Readers of this new age healing generation. She considers herself to aid in "Holistic Psychology", as her area of extension is dedicated to spiritual and energy healing. Her book is entitled, Re-Arrangement: Why Self Help Isn't Working For You, is an interactive tool to aid readers into the re-arrangement that is bound to happen once you make the conscious decision to climb high into your spirituality. Divine Love: Love at the Highest Frequency, is an approach to healthy relationships on all levels that requires us all to taps into the vibratory responsibility of loving one another. Visit Beautiful Evolution Institute at www.healerausetmaryamali.com.
An inspiration to women, she has a passion for education and healing and bringing the divinity out of every student performer she encounters. Her biggest reward is being a wife, mother, daughter, and mentor to young underserved student performers. She lives her work daily. A woman with compassion and genuine love for everyone she encounters, Auset is a gem to all that cross her path. She is dedicated to healing in all that she does, rather it is healing or art.
"I believe the purpose of my journey is to love through education, healing and art. I strive to present love in all I do with no limits or expectations but to show up in authentencity to show that being vulnerable is the strongest thing you can be while on this journey and blessing of life."
Candidate Music Education, Adjunct Professor UNC
Co-Founder of RAAD, Founder and Director of Pink Hawks, Baba Yuzo is a Master performer who brings expertise in arts integration education. Training in Guinea West Africa, Baba Yuzo is a living legend in Colorado in Afro Beat. He’s earned the 2019 Denver’s Westword Mastermind Award.
Criminal Justice, Education and Performer
Born and raised in Denver, Mama Nikki is passionate about creating pathways post-graduation to VPAC students. With a clear understanding of preschool to prison pipeline, Mama Nikki brings creative strategies to bring awareness to VPAC and workforce development to students.
Over 30 Master Performer
Growing up in a world-renowned, The Children’s Theater in Minneapolis, with The Artist Prince, Mama Artie brings a wealth of knowledge and wisdom to VPAC. Mama Artie has brought her expertise to VPAC since 2017. She has directed VPAC The Wiz production since 2018. As a working actress, Mama Artie performs all over Colorado.
Advertising Media, Performer, Vocalist, Dancer, Chef, Photographer, Model, Event Planner
Growing up in performing arts, Mama Eboni is a dynamic triple threat performer with skills that extend off stage. Founder and owner of EBPixs, Mama Eboni has an incredible eye that captures memories. She also is the Owen of Plats by Eb and does pop-up kitchens across Colorado. She is releasing her second single very soon and is a working vocalist. Eboni brings her extensive training to VPAC in many ways.
Doctoral Candidate Equity in Education & Executive Leadership, UCD
Founder and CEO of Parks Scholars Network, Baba Parks got involved with VPAC to ensure academic expectations were met. Parks Scholars Network is the leading consultant of VPAC in closing academic gaps, academic performance, special education and diversity, equity and inclusion. Parks Scholars Network ensures systems are created that align with the mission, vision and culture of VPAC through hiring and retention of staff and students.
1. Complete the Intent to Audition form (to the left)
2. A VPAC team member will contact you for a phone building session
3. Invitation for a building session with the Executive Director
4. Building session with a Board member
5. Building session with the VPAC Village team
1445 Dayton Street, Aurora, Colorado 80010, United States
ACCEPTING RESUMES FOR POSITIONS TO START FALL 2020:
CORE ACADEMIC TEACHERS 6-12
ARTISTIC TEACHERS: THEATRICAL, DANCE, COSMETOLOGY, AUDIO ENGINEER, SPOKEN WORD (SPEECH & DEBATE), VOCAL, MUSIC, STAGING, COSTUME (FASHION)
We are building a school! Do you think you may be a fit for our team? Email email@example.com if you would like to apply. Positions will be posted soon.
1. Jaye Lucas, Chairman of the Board- Founding Board Member, Jaye has seen VPAC blossom. Executive Administration knowledge is her gift to the Board. Jaye is the Executive Operations Director for Planned Parenthood, Park Hill.
2. Dr. Carolyn Jones, President - As a former successful Charter School Leader, Dr. Jones brings the expertise of what it takes to run a successful charter school. Retired educator, Dr. Jones is now raising her grand-daughter, and a jewel to the Board.
3. DeEtta Boganey, Vice President- Master Project Manager, DeEtta has experienced managing large global teams in IT. Dedicated to the growth phase, DeEtta is an angel to the Board. DeEtta has previous Board experience and has supported VPAC for the past 3 years as a volunteer and donor.
4. Dr. Katherine Casey, Secretary - Dr. Katherine is a dynamic founding team member who has aiding in large school project in Denver Public Schools. She is dedicated to the exposure of VPAC getting as far as possible.
5. Elerie Archer, Voting Member- As a registered nurse, Elerie has been a champion of VPAC . As an educator and connector, Elerie has joined the Board as an influential community member and is ready to aid in building the school.
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING TO FILL THE FOLLOWING POSITIONS:
TREASURER, WITH CHARTER SCHOOL EXPERIENCE
CHARTER SCHOOL LAWYER
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SITTING ON THE BOARD, PLEASE EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2019 VPAC - All Rights Reserved.